freetds - Re: Draft 0.52 announcement

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Draft 0.52 announcement
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 16:36:42 -0400 (EDT)

Michael,

I've managed to get your example up and running and have a log of the
activity under 5.0, now I'm working on the implementation.

I'm currently considering the possibility of a client side implementation
for non-TDS 5.0 users. Your example explicitly describes the input to the
query, does DBD::Sybase do the same or does it rely on the feedback of
ct_describe() to get type information?

Anyone know what happens with databases lacking placeholder support? Is it
just not allowed under DBI or is there a work around?

Brian

P.S. Anyone want to send me a network trace of TDS 7 doing placeholder
(in ODBC) stuff?

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Michael Peppler wrote:

> Brian Bruns writes:
> >
> > Of course, someone really interested in pushing placeholder support
> > forward could send me small standalone C programs that demonstrate the
> > usage in ctlib and/or ODBC and I'll see that it gets done. ;-)
>
> Here's a minimal C snippet that I used to report a bug to Sybase...
>
> Michael

  • Re: Draft 0.52 announcement, Brian Bruns, 07/06/2001