freetds - FreeTDS with PHP on OSX?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: gricard AT mac.com
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: FreeTDS with PHP on OSX?
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 18:59:59 -0400

Hello all,

I've got a system running OSX. I managed to get FreeTDS compiled and installed and then compiled PHP 4.0.5 with the FreeTDS libraries. I cannot seem to get it to connect to the DB. I need to connect to an MS SQL Server running 6.5. It appeared from the documentation that I should use version 4.2, which I am. My interfaces entry looks like this:

mssqldb
query tcp tds4.2 a.b.c.d 1433
master tcp tds4.2 a.b.c.d 1433

I am wondering if anyone else on this list has tried using this software on OSX yet, and if they did, how/if they got it to work. If you folks can help, that'd be great, or if you think I should be asking these questions in a different forum, please advise me where is most proper for me to ask about this matter.

Thank you very much,
Gabriel Ricard