freetds - Re: FreeTDS JDBC Driver and AIX

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Jim Urban" <jim.urban AT netsteps.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeTDS JDBC Driver and AIX
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:57:29 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: bounce-freetds-132331 AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
[mailto:bounce-freetds-132331 AT franklin.oit.unc.edu]On Behalf Of Curt
Hagenlocher
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2001 1:21 PM
To: TDS Development Group
Subject: [freetds] Re: FreeTDS JDBC Driver and AIX

Other questions:

1. I just read that you had written:
> Whether the problem is present with the latest snapshot: The
> snapshot version I downloaded works fine.
What exactly do you mean by this?
I downloaded a version called freetds_jdbc.snapshot.jar, which I renamed to
freetds_jdbc.jar which I used to replace the version I was running. This
version works correctly on both NT and AIX and my program runs to a normal
end.

2. Are you using the save JVM version on NT, where you said
you were able to connect? The JVM on NT is 1.3

3. Are you specifying a TDS version in your connection properties?
What else do the properties contain? I tried specifying and not specifying
a version on the URL, it had no effect on either platform.

4. Are you in a position to see things written to stdout, and
is anything being printed there? I can see standard out, and other then the
stack trace which I print, nothing is printed.

5. I assume that, being JVM 1.1.x, this is JDBC 1.0. Am I right? How do I
get the JDBC version from the JVM? Given that the JVM was installed on AIX
by the network administrator, who is not a programmer, I would tend to
believe it must be JDBC 1.0 on AIX, while I know the NT version is 1.2.1.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt AT hagenlocher.org

---
You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [jim.urban AT netsteps.net]