freetds - Re: Unknown marker errors selecting bit field (was How to read Strings bigger than 255 chars)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Curt Hagenlocher" <curt AT hagenlocher.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Unknown marker errors selecting bit field (was How to read Strings bigger than 255 chars)
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 08:24:46 -0700

> When I select a field of type bit which allows NULLs, I get the
> above Unknown marker errors. Selecting bit fields which do _not_
> allow NULLs does not cause this error.

A bit field that allows nulls is type SYBBITN (0x68). One that
does not is type SYBBIT (0x32). It sounds like SYBBITN is not
being handled correctly.

Because SYBBITN is not part of the 4.2 protocol, your problem
also went away when you set the protocol to 4.2.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt AT hagenlocher.org