freetds - Re: Sybase Anywhere 5.5 on NT to PHP on linux

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: Richard Brown <rebrown AT gov.pe.ca>, TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sybase Anywhere 5.5 on NT to PHP on linux
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 17:27:46 +0000

Richard Brown wrote:

> Does FreeTDS work with linux/apache/php and sybase anywhere 5.5 on
> window nt

Hi Richard,

I think so. I think Sybase Anywhere is also a TDS-based product, even though
it
does have a different ancestry from the main Sybase and Microsoft offerings.
If
the regular Sybase ISQL client connects to Sybase Anywhere, FreeTDS will, too.

You should direct FreeTDS questions to the TDS Development Group
<freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>. Instructions for subscribing to the list are
in
the FAQ and (I think) in the User Guide, too. As one of the authors of the
documentation, I know a thing or two about FreeTDS, and I am interested in
errors
and failures in the documentation. But the mailing list is read by many
people,
some more knowledgeable than I, and some who might just have your particular
setup
or information about it.

Welcome. I hope FreeTDS does what you want. If you get it going, please
send me
your configuration. I update our "favorite pairs" list from time to time, and
yours is a new one on me.

Regards,