freetds - FreeTDS on Win32?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "One Stone" <perl AT promotec.lu>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: FreeTDS on Win32?
  • Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 05:28:12 -0400

I have written a perlish class lib for an ASP company, which handles B2B
communication for their webshops and their clients intranets. It works
great and fast on linux with freetds. We connect MSSQL2000 from linux and
it's real fun, to look at it running. But we have some clients, which do
not want linux machines in their networks, cause they aren't able to
administrate them (...). So we have to use our software on windows where i
weren't able to connect directly to the database, i have to use ODBC,
which makes performance a disaster ....(3-10 times slower ...even when I
use OleDB as provider).
So my question: is it possible to port freetds to windows or can i find
something similar for windows? I contacted Sybase for their client libs,
which should work at least with MSSQL7, but nobody their was able to tell
me, what we'd have to buy!?-(

best regards and thanx 4 any help, VH.