freetds - Re: Error in negative money values returned Linux/PHP4.0.x/MSSQL 6.5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Andrew Bowman <abowman AT omegafi.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Error in negative money values returned Linux/PHP4.0.x/MSSQL 6.5
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 10:50:22 -0400

Brian,

Cool. The compile worked and we're up and running with the problem
corrected. All of our account managers send you a hearty thank you!
That $0.0255 cent error was driving them batty.

Thanks for fixing that.

Andrew

Brian Bruns wrote:

> Ok, I checked in a "fix" for this. We used to use AM_PROG_LIBTOOL macro
> in configure.in but because of that, we got a bunch of
> "AC_TRY_RUN" (?) messages when doing a configure. So, I switched it to
> the newer (and prefered?) AC_PROG_LIBTOOL, which corrected that
> (well, except for one caused by endian detection which is apparently
> a known bug) but caused what you saw....So I've switched it back.
>
> I totally suck at autoconf...Some day I'll get a clue.
>
> James, if you're reading this we may just want to say something in the FAQ
> about why those messages appear and that they are harmless.
>
> Brian
>
> On Thu, 17 May 2001, Andrew Bowman wrote:
>

> > OS: RedHat 6.2
> > Gmake: 3.77
> > tdsver: whatever is under freetds.snapshot.tgz on the download page on
> > 5/17/2001
> >
> > Okay. I've got another problem. This time it's with the build
> > process. I downloaded the snapshot and tried to compile it, but gmake
> > chokes like this:
> >

> > creating src/Makefile
> > gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/omega/freetds/freetds/src'
> > gmake[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/omega/freetds/freetds/src'
> > Making all in tds
> > gmake[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/omega/freetds/freetds/src/tds'
> > cd ../.. && automake --gnu src/tds/Makefile
> > src/tds/Makefile.am:3: library used but `LIBTOOL' not defined in
> > `configure.in'
> > gmake[2]: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
> > gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/omega/freetds/freetds/src/tds'
> > gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/omega/freetds/freetds/src'
> > gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> >
> > The funny thing is that it does this for each directory under src. It
> > choked on the first directory, and then when I reran it it got through
> > the first directory and and choked on the...rerun third...rerun
> > fourth...and so on:
> >
> > gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/omega/freetds/freetds/src/tds'
> > gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/omega/freetds/freetds/src/tds'
> > Making all in ctlib
> > gmake[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/omega/freetds/freetds/src/ctlib'
> > cd ../.. && automake --gnu src/ctlib/Makefile
> > src/ctlib/Makefile.am:5: library used but `LIBTOOL' not defined in
> > `configure.in'
> > gmake[2]: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
> > gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/omega/freetds/freetds/src/ctlib'
> > gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/omega/freetds/freetds/src'
> > gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> >
> > I poked around in the various files that configure and gmake make, but
> > it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It looks like libtool was created
> > and is in the spot that the Makefiles in the src subdirectories are
> > looking.
> >
> > What else do you need? I'd appreciate any assistance! Is there a good
> > reference for gmake out there?

> [...]

Andrew Bowman (706) 571-0083 abowman AT omegafi.com
Omega Financial, Inc. (800) 276-6342 http://www.omegafi.com/