freetds - more info!! connect errors ... 255.255.255

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Emilio M.Recio <n2wog AT usa.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: more info!! connect errors ... 255.255.255
  • Date: 9 May 2001 02:05:37 EDT

Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org> wrote:
> I am baffled by the 255.255.255.0 sounds like the subnet mask...did you
> try (as someone else suggested) using the IP number in the interfaces file
> instead of the host name? Seems to be a problem with the call to
> gethostbyname().

Yes I have... actually, this was my first attack.

Here's what i found out:

t0001.c: Testing login, logout
util.c,101: Servername: JDBC Portname: 1433
util.c,107: atoi(1433): 1433
util.c,120: Host, or Num == 0
login.c 215 | connect: Can't assign requested address
tds_connect() failed
try_tds_login() failed

I am spitting out what gets fed into lookup_host(const char*servername...)
from util.c . That's what servername: is spitting out.

But I cant find JDBC anywhere in the interfaces file, except for the
entries that are commented out!...I tried grepping for JDBC in the source
to no avail... is it hardcoded somewhere? I am going to continue hacking
for like .5 hours then give up for today.

Here's what my interfaces file looks like:
#myserver
# query tcp tds4.2 10.0.2.1 1433
#

AMCAS
query tcp tds7.0 147.140.1.1 1433

#JDBC
# query tcp tds5.0 192.138.151.39 4444

Best Regards,
E.M. Recio

--

Inherent in every intention and desire is the mechanics for its fulfillment...
intention and desire in the field of pure potentiality have infinite