freetds - Re: documentation update and musing

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: documentation update and musing
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 08:12:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hi James,

We should probably change the text under section 1.1 to rephrase it as
'The current CLIs are DB-Lib and CT-Lib as defined by Sybase and ODBC'
as the ODBC driver is no longer 'rudimentary'.

Under section 1.2, we may want to say no to OpenServer but point out that
libtdssrv will do the trick for some applications.

Somewhere, maybe section 1.3, we need to add a comment about when people
may want to use TDS 7, even though we say it is less stable than 4.2

Section 1.6 is way out of date, an import of the AUTHORS file seems to be
in order.

You may want to look at the number on section 1.8, people may be trying to
unsubscribe you ;-)

Section 3.1-3 as a whole probably needs to refer to the UG, as there are
some inacuracies here. 3.4 onwards makes sense here though.

Section 6 looks great. Good job!

The other thing is we probably should say something about the connection
pooling stuff...don't know where though.

Brian