freetds - Re: troubles using tds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: troubles using tds
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 23:19:11 +0000

Allen Grace wrote:

> Hm. My first thought was that I wouldn't have tried to use a table name like
> that, but what I find is that in Enterprise Manager you can get away with
> it. However, Query Analyzer returns the same error code (170 - syntax error)
> that DBD::Sybase did.

Oh. OK, if that's really what we want to do, I bet this will work (I don't
have
access to a Microsoft machine here, but from memory):

$query = 'create table [192.168.0.1] (BYTES_IN_CACHE datetime)';

It's the same as embedding spaces or any other 'non-word' character in the
identifier.

You might have to Set Quoted Identifiers On, too.