freetds - Strange problems with FreeTDS & PHP.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Guille -bisho- <bisho AT eurielec.etsit.upm.es>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Strange problems with FreeTDS & PHP.
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 03:00:38 +0200

- SQL Server 7.0 SP3
From a Linux Red hat 7.0 machine
TDS 4.2 -> removes last char of text fields
TDS 5.0 -> Does not connect (SQL Server problem?)
TDS 7.0 -> Results in error selecting text fields.

Also I have another very strange problem, if I make an insert/delete into
the database an a select after that, the driver is not able to connect with
the Database. The sql connection identificator is not valid.

- SQL Server 6.5
text fields work properly.

I have the same problem with insert/delete.

I'm using PHP 4.0.4pl1 and the last FreeTDS, the 0.51.

I have tryed to compile it also with kgcc, and I get the same results. It
seems its not the problem of the experimenta gcc included with RedHat 7.0.

Anybody knows if FreeTDS works properly with SQL 2000 or it is even worse???

Thanks for your help.

--
\|||||||/ Guillermo Pérez Pérez
< o o > - bisho AT onirica.com

  • Strange problems with FreeTDS & PHP., Guille -bisho-, 04/18/2001