freetds - Problems with the FreeTDS JDBC driver

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: press0please AT yahoo.com
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Problems with the FreeTDS JDBC driver
  • Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 10:48:38 -0400

Hi,

At my company we're trying to use the FreeTDS JDBC driver for connecting
to SQLServer from a Unix Sun machine. We're using JDK 1.2.1 .
We first tried to compile the sources from the "freetds_jdbc-0.2.zip"
archive, since it is a version that "has been through the regression
test", but it wouldn't compile: for example, many methods in the
java.sql.ResultSet interface are not implemented in
com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.ResultSet class. Does anyone know how can we
compile it to JDK 1.2?
Anyway, we managed to use the compiled code "freetds_jdbc.snapshot.jar",
but the documentaion says "It has not been tested and might not even run
at all". Can anyone tell how much we can rely on it? When do FreeTDS plan
on checking this version? Is it being actively maintained?
And since the tested version hasn't been updated for almost 2 years, maybe
it is even less reliable than the snapshot?

Many thanks in advance,

Lior.