freetds - How do you set the jdbc environment variables?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Adrian Hill" <adrian.hill AT nrm-internet.net>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: How do you set the jdbc environment variables?
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:21:23 -0400

Hi all,

I am using the freeTDS jdbc driver to download a binary(128) field from a
Micro$oft SQL Server 7.0 database (using resultSet.getBytes()). If I
change the length to 64 then it will work nicely. If the length is 128
then it does not work (causes java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException).

I read that you could set the version to 7.0, which would fix this error.
Is there any way of doing this using java commands?

Any responses would be much appreciated, my e-mail is:

a d r i a n . h i l l @ n r m - i n t e r n e t . n e t

(spaces added to avoid spam)

  • How do you set the jdbc environment variables?, Adrian Hill, 04/10/2001