freetds - Re: datetime problems

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mark J. Lilback" <mark AT lilback.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: datetime problems
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 22:42:52 -0500

Not so, Microsoft broke big endian clients with respect to datetime and
money fields. So, I'm wondering if they fixed it in a later service pack.

Yes, it is bug 57352. They fixed it in SP3 released in December.

Now the question is, how do I tell what version of SQL Server someone is using my app with? This is a pretty important bug to try to avoid.

Any ideas?

"The best assumption to have
Mark J. Lilback is that any commonly held
<mark AT lilback.com> belief is wrong." -- Ken Olsen,
http://www.lilback.com/ founder, Digital Equip. Corp.