freetds - Re: SQl Server 2000

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Marco Wijtkamp <marco AT linuxbeginners.nl>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: SQl Server 2000
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 00:33:17 +0100

At 13:09 16-3-01 -0800, you wrote:
Thanks for your response, but I do not understand your answer.

What is ctlib? Why does it work with a few comuns, but not when I have more
than 13 columns?

Is there a work-around?

I am afraid that there is no work-around. In basic there are two way to connect. Thru ODBC (that's what Bill wants) and directly to the middleware using an API call from / to libraries. The last option is, due the absence of the extra ODBC layer, much faster and stable but not available in sqlserver 2000. Microsoft simply isn't backwards compatible in this case.