freetds - newbie Apache/PHP/freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Wilson <bwilson AT ihpva.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group digest <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: newbie Apache/PHP/freetds
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 08:16:44 -0800 (PST)

I have been able to compile and install php for Apache with
freetds but can't get it to connect to my SQL Server db.
I can connect using a DBI perl script, so I know freetds will work
on this server and that it can reach my database.

The apache log shows nothing of interest, the sybase_connect returns 0.
How can I get a little more useful debugging info?

Is there an archive of this list? I am sure this must come up regularly.

freetds 0.51
php 4.0.4 pl1 ( I tried both the db and ct versions )
apache 1.3.19
rh linux 6.2
Sql Server 7.0

Thanks

--

Brian Wilson
Santa Rosa, California

  • newbie Apache/PHP/freetds, Brian Wilson, 03/16/2001