freetds - memory leak(s)?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "John Rumpelein" <jmr AT jmrtech.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: memory leak(s)?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 11:47:50 -0800

Folks,

A client of mine is using FreeTDS to connect to a SQL Server db for an
event registration website. (We're using Apache/PHP). Under moderate
to heavy load (7-10 concurrent users) we are seeing Apache processes
grow to 100Mb and bigger. This of course runs the machine right into
swap and it bogs down. Has anyone else seen this?

Right now I've limited the number of requests Apache processes will
service before dying off, but it would be good if I could figure out
why/how the processes are getting that big in the first place and fix
that.

-J
--
John Rumpelein JMR Technology Corp.
Internet Services Consultant Voicemail: 206.374.2367