freetds - Re: snapshot

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Andreas Tille <tillea AT rki.de>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: snapshot
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:45:02 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Bob Kline wrote:

> Well, the name 'snapshot' is commonly used to refer to regular archives
> or builds of a package, and generally implies a lower degree of
> stability than numbered older versions.
Once more I have to state that it would help very much if we had "version
numbered snapshots" in any way or at least an official information about
new snapshots on this list and a suggestion how to distinct the different
snapshots for package maintainers of Linux Distributions. Its a real pain
for me to look regularly to the mirror and compare filesize and date
to guess if this is a new snapshot or not. To say the truth I doesn't do
that since I have found a working snapshot and you miss the chance to
get you snapshots distributed to a wider public like Debian community.
I claimed for numbered snapshots several times but this was always ignored.

Kind regards

Andreas.