freetds - ODBC Improvements

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: ODBC Improvements
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 22:49:26 -0500 (EST)

Hey all,

Been playing around with the odbc driver a bit more and just checked some
changes, the odbctest program from the iODBC samples directory seems to
run fairly stablely at this point.

I also updated the User Guide to show how to set the thing up:
http://www.freetds.org/userguide/x166.html
(A tech writer I am certainly not)

One thing I ran into that I didn't know how to handle in ODBC, was
multiple result sets. Right now the behaviour is to read the first one and
ditch the rest (but at least it no longer hangs on 'sp_who'). Does anyone
know what the Right Way(tm) is to handle multiple sets in ODBC?

Cheers,

Brian

  • ODBC Improvements, Brian Bruns, 03/11/2001