freetds - ODBC and SQL server 7

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Claudio Cicali <c.cicali AT mclink.it>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: ODBC and SQL server 7
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 16:54:35 +0100

Hi everybody,

I need just a little hint(s).
Using 'native' freetds calls (from Linux) I'm able to get data from
a Sql server. This works fine.

Now I have to make a step forward: I need ODBC calls.

I'm porting a win32 application to Linux and I need to mantain
the current interface it has with the database. It use ODBC.

Reading the README of freetds, I read that it uses iODBC as the CLI.

So, I have downloaded the current release of iODBC and carefully
read the code you provide (./src/odbc/odbc.c).
What is not clear is:
Have I to call the iODBC API which then use the tds driver as the
odbc driver ?
If this is the case, how can I actually perform this operation ?
In which way I can instruct iODBC to use the freetds ?

There is also a reasonable probability that all this works in
a production environment ?

Thanks in advance.

| Claudio Cicali | http://www.flexer.it |
|c.cicali AT mclink.it | Nerd Made Good |

  • ODBC and SQL server 7, Claudio Cicali, 02/27/2001