freetds - Re: Binary protocol structure

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mark Schaal <mark AT champ.tstonramp.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Binary protocol structure
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:32:03 -0800 (PST)

> Does anyone know how MSSQL7.0 sends binary data across TCP/IP ?
> I'm trying to work out the protocol for it.
>
> thanks
>
> matt love

Umm, I supposed it wouldn't be helpful if I said it sends binary
data as binary data. :-)

Have you already read the TDS Protocol documentation included
with freetds? That should tell you all the protocol that wraps
up the data. I've also posted the doc here:
http://www.tstonramp.com/~mark/tds.html
but you'll need to look at the freetds header files to find
the datatype constant that indicates binary data.

The code itself is slightly in advance of the documentation, but
I don't think there are any major differences specific to binary
data. That's probably about as much as anyone knows, but if you
have more specific questions for the list maybe someone will be
able to explain more.

Hope that helps,

Mark
--
Mark J. Schaal Phone: (909) 620-7724
TST On Ramp Fax: (909) 620-8174

  • Binary protocol structure, Matthew Love, 01/17/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Binary protocol structure, Mark Schaal, 01/18/2001