freetds - Re: NullPointerExceptions

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Thomas Pridham <TPridham AT CMCTPA.COM>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: NullPointerExceptions
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 13:24:11 -0500

The newer snapshot did the trick. However, I am now faced with a new
problem. I set autoCommit to false, performed three inserts and then call
commit. The commit call is resulting in the following error (but the data
is committed):

SQLException: java.sql.SQLException: This method should only be used when
auto commit has been disabled.

here is a snippet of the code:
_conn.setAutoCommit(false);
_state.executeUpdate(_strSQL); (3 inserts are performed)
_conn.commit();

If I switch drivers, the code works properly. It is acting like autoCommit
is true even though I set it to false.

Any ideas?