freetds - Re: About Free TDS perfomance

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Tom Samplonius <tom AT sdf.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: About Free TDS perfomance
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 23:30:49 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 5 Jan 2001, Vyacheslav wrote:

> Hi around,
>
> 1)Does any body knows tests or analisys about Free TDS JDBC performance
> versus JDBC Drivers other levels and other vendors?

It seems to be comparable. I did a simple comparison vs. the Weblogic
driver quite a while ago. I just execute a single SELECT statement, then
fetched about 20,000 rows. FreeTDS was faster than the Weblogic driver at
that time.

> 2)And another question,if I not mistaken in Free TDS Driver we have one TCP
> connection per Statement,isn't it?
> 2.1)Is this feature of Free TDS or this is common feature for TDS
> drivers?

I believe so. I believe that TDS only allows one query in-progress per
connection. Some other JDBC drivers seem play tricks to avoid this.

> Best regards.

Tom