freetds - Re: What does this error mean?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig AT bost.de>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: What does this error mean?
  • Date: 05 Jan 2001 09:15:21 +0100

<borg48 AT hotmail.com> wrote:

> Running on Windows 2000, SQL Server 2000, JDK 1.3, and FreeTDS
> snapshot 2.0
>
> When I do and insert to a table and then select from it it gives me
> an error: java.sql.SQLException: Protocol confusion. Got a 0x79
> packet

This is what I meant with "doesn't work with SQL Server 2000". I think
some people have already analyzed the problem, look at the archive of
this list.

I've been too busy to give it a try myself and I don't have access to
a SQL Server 2000 machine so I couldn't tests any patches I'd come up
with anyway, sorry. Others?

Stefan