freetds - Multiple statements and the latest version

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Maeve McCrae" <maevem AT bsolved.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Multiple statements and the latest version
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 12:00:13 -0500

I am running Windows NT (SP 6), MS SQL Server 7.0 and FreeTDS has been
working fine. (I don't know which version I have been using but the
necessary files where contained in
driver.jar).

The only problem is with multiple statements. If I want to run embedded
queries a new connection is opened for each statement. I want to avoid
this and use only one connection.

According to the readme file FreeTDS handles this. Unfortunately I don't
know in which version.

Can anybody tell me which version handles this and which file I need to
download?

I've tried installing freetds_jdbc.snapshot.zip but I keep receiving error
messages. As I don't understand what the batch files/makefile are trying
to do, I have no idea what is going
wrong?

Can anybody provide a few idiot-proof pointers?

Many thanks,

Maeve

  • Multiple statements and the latest version, Maeve McCrae, 12/12/2000