freetds - RE: newbie question. make check and all failed

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Tom Samplonius <tom AT sdf.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: newbie question. make check and all failed
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 22:50:30 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, James Cameron wrote:

> Leon Darmawangsa wrote:
> > Here's my interface file content
> > myServer
> > query tcp tds4.2 192.168.2.18 1433
>
> Strange. Mine has two lines, one for query, one for master, and the
> third field is "ether" not "tds4.2". I just don't understand the
> format, but it is clearly different to yours:
>
> database
> query tcp ether evtsql 1433
> master tcp ether evtsql 1433

New versions of FreeTDS use an extended format "interfaces" file that
can now specify the TDS protocol version of each server listed. I'm not
sure when this change appeared.

The "master" line is only used by the Sybase server so a can particular
server instance knows which IP and port to bind to. Not really needed a
system that will only be a client. Not really important on a system that
you are running the Sybase server on, since that would mean you have
native Sybase client libs too!

> --
> James Cameron (james.cameron AT compaq.com)
>
> http://quozl.linux.org.au/ (or) http://quozl.netrek.org/

Tom