freetds - sending, receiving really only alternating

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Schörk, Andreas" <andreas.schoerk AT infor.de>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: sending, receiving really only alternating
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 17:04:25 +0100

Hello,
I´m only working with jdbc, but perhaps the others know something about it
as well.
I had big Problems after doing much work on one Tds-Connection because of
not expected responses.
Until I noticed that sometimes 2 result-sequences come after one sending.
The second one has been interpreted as the result of the next sending, until
a resultset was
expected and I got an error.
My solution is to look always before starting a new Packet whether there is
anything left on the incoming
stream and remove it first.

Has anybody a explanation for this, Could it be related to a SQLError which
occured before ?
Did you in the C-Project already solve this ?

Andreas