freetds - Prepared Statements within freeTDS..

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Kinnaird <mkinnaird AT CPROMPTINC.COM>
  • To: 'TDS Development Group' <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Prepared Statements within freeTDS..
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 13:46:49 -0500

Hello all,

I have just started testing the freeTDS within our environment and I have
already run into an issue. I was curious if anyone has seen the same
behavior:

A section of our code shuts the autocommit off so we can manage a
transaction boundery. In other words, we are going to a couple
updates/inserts and we want them to all commit or all rollback. One of the
select statements is a PREPARED statement.

It appears when the prepared statement is executed, the freeTDS driver just
"hangs". It acts as if it is waiting for a response from the database
server, but it never comes.
Looking at the code, it appears as if a prepared statement is turned into a
stored procedure (it is given a name determined by the driver) and the
driver then attempts to execute the stored procedure.

Has anyone else seen this behavior. Remember I am doing all this within one
database transaction!
I am using Microsoft SQLServer 7.0.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Michael.