freetds - Re: ct_cancel() upgrade

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: ct_cancel() upgrade
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 21:15:18 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 2 Nov 2000, Mark Schaal wrote:

> Yikes! If Brian hadn't emailed I might never have realized how
> complex ct_cancel() is. The calling semantics that he pointed out
> have been fixed, plus I've implemented what I belive is a reasonable
> version of CS_CANCEL_CURRENT. Further improvements are either
> beyond my current level of understanding or involve changing
> header files, which I have no desire to do this close to a release.

That's the problem with ctlib, there's only a handful of functions but
they're all so damned complicated. dblib has tons of functions but
they're (for the most part) straight forward.

> (Well, except that I think CS_NULLTERM and probably CS_UNUSED
> should be negative values so they can't conflict with valid
> buflen values...)

I don't see any harm in that. If I could just get some confirmation on
large queries on SQL Server 7.0 w/SP1+ I'd release 0.51 this week.

Brian

  • ct_cancel() upgrade, Mark Schaal, 11/02/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: ct_cancel() upgrade, Brian Bruns, 11/02/2000