freetds - Re: JDBC, Blob

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig AT bost.de>
  • To: <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: JDBC, Blob
  • Date: 04 Oct 2000 16:45:39 +0200

MS> It all works very well when executing the program on our linux
MS> machine. But when I run the program on our Windows machine the
MS> images come out corrupted. Further tests in a hex code revealed
MS> that a few percent of the bytes have changed.

How did you put the data into the database?

I once came across something similar when writing some
UUEncode/Decode classes. It turned out that
(newString(byte[])).getBytes() would give different results on Linux

and Win NT. On Linux the returned array would hold the same values as
the one passed to the String constructor while on NT it wouldn't.

It could be FreeTDS doing a conversion of this type. Which version are
you using (the latest snapshot?). Could you run the appended testcase
to see whether it passes for you (on both Linux and WinNT, it passes
on my Linux box)?

Stefan

  • JDBC, Blob, Michael Suedkamp, 10/04/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: JDBC, Blob, brlewis, 10/04/2000
    • Re: JDBC, Blob, Stefan Bodewig, 10/04/2000
    • Re: JDBC, Blob, Michael Suedkamp, 10/06/2000