freetds - JDBC, Blob

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Michael Suedkamp" <ms AT suedkm.franken.de>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: JDBC, Blob
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2000 07:34:59 -0400

Hi,

I have a problem with the freetds JDBC driver and Blob fields which sounds
strange:

We have a MSSQL 7 database and the field of question is of type "image".

Inside my Java program I use the following code to obtain a byte array of
such a data field.

byte[] buf = new byte[500000]; // the size makes sense for us
buf = rs.getBytes("<my-image-field>") // rs is the ResultSet object

It all works very well when executing the program on our linux machine.
But when I run the program on our Windows machine the images come out
corrupted. Further tests in a hex code revealed that a few percent of the
bytes have changed.

The freedtds JDBC classes where built on the linux machine (JDK 1.1.7). On
the Windows machine there is a JDK 1.2. All is set up and run without any
special option.

Has anyone an idea what can be the reason for that and how wen can get rid
of the problem?

TIA

Michael