freetds - Re: Getting data of text type by using ct_bind and ct_fetch

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Steven Campbell <sammynrg AT home.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Getting data of text type by using ct_bind and ct_fetch
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 00:48:15 -0400

Microsoft SQL's compatability layer truncates text field lengths to 255
characters unless you're using TDS 7.0, in which case you'll receive the
actual length of your text, char, and varchar fields.

It doesn't matter about the "SET TEXTSIZE" variable.

There have recently been some issues with TDS 7.0 support, but I know
Scott Gray amongst others has said that he has improved support for TDS
7.0, though its still unclear if the patches have been committed to the
CVS server.

Steven Campbell