freetds - Getting data of text type by using ct_bind and ct_fetch

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "MingZ" <mingz17 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Getting data of text type by using ct_bind and ct_fetch
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2000 0:9:9

Hi, All

I am new to the freetds, and was playing with it by compiling sqsh and a
sample program of mine.

I got problem getting the full data of a text field type from SQL-Server
7.0 by using ct_bind, and ct_fetch. At ct_bind, the datalength is 4095, but
after ct_fetch, I only get 265 characters (there are more data in the
database for this field).

I even tried to issue "set textsize 8192" after the connection is built,
but I got no luck.

Could anybody on this mailing list shed me some light on this? I really
love this freetds and any help is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ming