freetds - Re: MS Access Databases

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Spannring <Craig.Spannring AT aedinc.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: MS Access Databases
  • Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 10:11:40 -0600 (MDT)

Sorry, FreeTDS won't help you use an Access database. MS Access isn't a
client server database and doesn't have any sort of network protocol
to work with.

Mark Hoover writes:
> Hello all...
>
> I'm looking for a way to access a MS Access database from a Linux server
> by
> directly opening the database file itself instead of having to setup a
> Windows machine with ODBC options. Would also like to me able to have SQL
> type queries performed on it via web scripts.

Life is short. | Craig Spannring
Bike hard, ski fast. | cts AT internetcds.com
When all you've got is Perl, everything feels like a smashed thumb