freetds - Is this what I want?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Tim Uckun <tim AT diligence.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Is this what I want?
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:55:27 -0600

Hello.

I am wondering if you think freetds is suitable for a mission critical type of a web site. The requirements are pretty simple we want to connect am apache/php/linux web site to a ms-sql server Version 7.0 running on NT. We need to run fairly simple queries some may use BLOB text fields and be able to access stored procedures.

I have searched high and low and it seems like my only choices are freetds or some sort of a ODBC-ODBC bridge. IF there are other options I would also be happy to entertain them.

Thanks you very much in advance.

:wq
Tim Uckun
Due Diligence Inc. http://www.diligence.com/ Americas Background Investigation Expert.
If your company isn't doing background checks, maybe you haven't considered the risks of a bad hire.