freetds - Connecting to Sybase

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bob Wilson" <tazwin1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Connecting to Sybase
  • Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 11:42:3

I finally got my build straightened out and was able to connect to the
remote server and issue some commands. I have a couple of problems and was
wondering if anyone has seen these before.

When I first log onto the database either with perl or sqsh I get the
following error,"Unknown property 7". I have my prompt and can issue a
select command, this is where the second error comes up. When I issue the
command I get back "
Server message number=3805
severity=18 state=1 line=1 server=SQLCAS2
text=The token datastream length was not correct. This is an internal
protocol error.
"
If I issue the command a second time I get the result. If I issue it a
third time I get the message 3805 again.

Anyone have an idea?

  • Connecting to Sybase, Bob Wilson, 05/02/2000