freetds - JDBC metadata

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "christopher baus" <christopher AT baus.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: JDBC metadata
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 13:46:51 -0800

There has been some discussion on the Apache Turbine list regarding metadata
and TDS. This is because the turbine framework makes heavy use of JDBC
metadata. Most of the metadata calls in the driver are currently stubbed
out and I suspect that the metadata information is not available directly in
the TDS stream. Apparently jConnect has a solution (kludge?) that uses
stored procedures to provide metadata information to the JDBC driver. I was
wondering if anyone had anymore insight into this issue....

~christopher

  • JDBC metadata, christopher baus, 03/09/2000