freetds - Re: Newer ODBC Driver Changes

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Ken Seymour <kenaseymour AT yahoo.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Newer ODBC Driver Changes
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 16:41:09 -0800 (PST)

--- Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org> wrote:
> Ken,
>
> These are in CVS, if you want to check it and make
> sure I got it right...
> unittest failed for me, but I'm not sure it is valid
> anymore?

The unittest program failed for me also. I think I
modified it to get it to build.

At first I tested selects with the odbctest program
that is in the samples directory of the iODBC
distribution. When that worked, I coded a C++
program that uses SQLBindCol.

I have also obtained a bunch of sample code from
October 1999 MSDN from which I have to study the
calls to ODBC from these WinProc style programs
(these examples do not have a main () function).

I have not yet read all of the ODBC 2/3 conformance
level documentation in MSDN to figure out what
is a good set of calls to shoot for.

Perhaps we will get some users who will tell us what
calls to fix first.

I suspect I will do things in this order

1) select with parameters test
2) insert/update/delete test
3) Find some ODBC based SQL GUI program and test
with it.