freetds - Re: Core dumps with FreeTDS 0.50, PHP 3.0.14 & MS-SQL V7 under FBSD 3.3-R

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Karl Pielorz <kpielorz AT tdx.co.uk>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Core dumps with FreeTDS 0.50, PHP 3.0.14 & MS-SQL V7 under FBSD 3.3-R
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 15:26:22 +0000

Michael Suedkamp wrote:

> I think I have a similar problem. See my latest posting a few lines ago re.
> string-length topic (my own reply).

Nope, I've only just rejoined the list... We went round the proverbial
'houses' looking for some way for our Unix boxes to talk to the MS-SQL
Server... And strangely enough we found ourselves back at FreeTDS :)

> Do you have also the behaviour that you get error but that the UPDATE
> despite succeeds?

I hadn't checked that - but yes, your quite correct - the update was applied
to the database, even though it crashed...

> I have also still to find out what is the reason for it.

Same here... I'm a bit dissapointed I couldn't get any more out of GDB
(considering everything's built with '-g' etc.) - I suspect it's because it's
using dynamic libraries (like I said, I'm not brilliant at debugging things) -
I 'think' I'm taking the right route later when I rebuild it all as static...
<g>

Please let me know if you find anything useful - at least I know it's not just
us... :)

-Karl

  • Re: Core dumps with FreeTDS 0.50, PHP 3.0.14 & MS-SQL V7 under FBSD 3.3-R, Karl Pielorz, 02/09/2000