freetds - Re: Packaging FreeTDS for Debian

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Packaging FreeTDS for Debian
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 11:07:45 -0500 (EST)

Yeah, that would be nice. I was trying to get dbmetrix to play with Sybase
(its a gnome db admin tool, but cross vendor), but the snapshot I grabbed
had some strange behaviour. It's been a while, maybe I'll see if it's
resolved. But anyway, that was one of the things I was adding there.

BTW I've allowed for specifying the TDS version in the interfaces file (I
used the "ether" field which was junk anyway), if you put tds4.2, tds5.0,
or tds7.0 in that field then FreeTDS will use that as the protocol version
to connect with.

Brian