freetds - Re: Packaging FreeTDS for Debian

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Packaging FreeTDS for Debian
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 20:41:36 -0500 (EST)

MS SQL does not understand the TDS 5.0 protocol (the default) so you must
configure it to use either 4.2 or 7.0 (for MS SQL 7). The 7.0 support is
pretty new and since I no longer have access to a MS SQL dataserver, I'm
not sure how well I'll be able to help people who have problems with it.
So, I would recommend using 4.2 anyway. The configure flag is

./configure --with-tdsver=4.2

I've heard reports of problems with php4b3 that have since been fixed in
the CVS versions, although I don't know specifics.

Brian