freetds - Re: hello i am from LUG Jakarta, Indonesia

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: hello i am from LUG Jakarta, Indonesia
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 08:24:43 -0500 (EST)

You should be able to just follow the INSTALL file from PHP.

so,

1) build FreeTDS with 4.2 support:
cd <freetds dir>
./configure --with-tdsver=4.2
make; make install
add your server to the interfaces file in /usr/local/freetds
export SYBASE=/usr/local/freetds
2) configure apache
cd <apache dir>
./configure
3) build PHP with apache support
cd <php dir>
./configure --with-sybase=$SYBASE --with-apache=../apache_1.3.x \
--enable-track-vars
make; make install
4) build apache
cd <apache dir>
./configure --activate-module=src/modules/php3/libphp3.a
make; make install
5) now you have an apache linked with php and freetds, edit the httpd.conf
for apache and add this directive:

SetEnv SYBASE=/usr/local/freetds

Now just start apache and everything should be ok. I'd recommend getting
SQSH 1.7 to test things out as well (and its an all around handy tool to
have).

Brian