freetds - Re: FreeBSD 3.2 + Apache 1.3.9 + PHP 3.0 + FreeTDS 4.7 + MS SQL 6.5 connection problem.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: FreeBSD 3.2 + Apache 1.3.9 + PHP 3.0 + FreeTDS 4.7 + MS SQL 6.5 connection problem.
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 08:07:52 -0500 (EST)

It is very odd that sqsh works and PHP does not....Have you set the SYBASE
environment variable in your httpd.conf (SetEnv directive) or on the
command line before launching apache? Also LD_LIBRARY_PATH may need to be
set to /usr/local/freetds/lib (or wherever you install it). Another thing
you can try is to compile PHP as a CGI module and run it directly to see
if it works, if it does it is definately an environment problem.

Brian