freetds - Re: DBD::Sybase installation troubles

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Vincent Prosper <vince AT assurdiscount.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: DBD::Sybase installation troubles
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 00:15:13 +0200 (CET)

Hi (I should say good night: it's pretty late here in france ;-)

Concerning the installation of the Sybase Driver for Linux, I forgot to
reinstall freetds 4.7 after having compiled it (it's a shame, I know, but
I'm tired...).

The script is the following (not the one included in the last mail)
#!/usr/local/bin/perl
use DBI;
BEGIN {
$ENV{SYBASE} = '/usr/local/freetds';
$ENV{DSQUERY} = 'global';
}
print "1\n";
my $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Sybase:", sa, 'sa.droit');
print "2\n";

1;

resulting in the following error:

1

Command terminated

which, in fact, is the same in appearence as the previous one. Let me told you
that I got a encouraging message by typing 'perl main.t' in the directory
'DBD-Sybase-0.21/t':

> perl main.t <for ../PWD bad set>
1..12
ok 1
Switch: DBI-1.06 Switch by Tim Bunce, 1.06
Available Drivers: FreeTDS, ADO, ExampleP, Proxy, Sybase, mysql
connect: Network is unreachable
Unable for connect to : at main.t line 47.

> perl main.t <for ../PWD well set>
1..12
ok 1
Switch: DBI-1.06 Switch by Tim Bunce, 1.06
Available Drivers: FreeTDS, ADO, ExampleP, Proxy, Sybase, mysql
Segmentation fault

Am I close to establish the right connection?

Vince