freetds - Re: SybSQL

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: SybSQL
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 16:08:31 -0400 (EDT)

I saw this on freshmeat a couple of days ago and have been meaning to try
it out. (Gotta download qt first :-)

I'll probably get to it this weekend and see how it fares against freetds.
(fingers crossed).

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Gregg Jensen wrote:

> Just a note, from a 'now' lurker. There is a fairly nice Sybase (dblib)
> graphical frontend that uses Qt 2.0, that provides query, result, history
> and
> database information within easy graphical reach (separated by tabs).
> Fields
> can be copied from the database info page directly into the query as well as
> selected fields can be executed on by the query (if you try it you will see
> what I mean). I am not sure how it will work compiled against freetds, as I
> haven't upgraded to Qt 2.0 yet. If you would like to try it there is a
> static
> binary RPM version at:
>
> http://www.megsinet.net/~agatka/
>
> It appears to be stable and quite useable, a easy to use front end.
>
> Gregg Jensen

  • SybSQL, Gregg Jensen, 10/13/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: SybSQL, Brian Bruns, 10/13/1999