freetds - Re: compile problems on dg/ux

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Jeff Driscoll" <jdriscol AT gate.net>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Re: compile problems on dg/ux
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 0:23:3

On 09/16/99, "Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>" wrote:
> For sqsh 1.7 you'll need to hand edit the Makefile and change the LIBS
> line to something like:
>
> SYBASE_LIBS=-lct -lm -lsocket -lnsl
>
> and whatever else you need. You do not need -lcs -lintl -ltcl -lcomn when
> using freetds. Everything else is pretty simple. So this is an Intel
> machine I take it?
>
> Brian

I got SQSH to work - thanks and this is very cool. Continue the great
work. Now I will try to get some of the Perl modules/libraries to work.

Yes the new Aviions are Intel machines. I believe the building blocks come
from Intel and DG provides the parts and pieces and other off the shelf
products to glue a system together. For example they use Mylex or Adaptec
SCSI controllers, 3com ethernet NICs, and other standard PCI controllers
that one might find in a high end PC workstation.