freetds - Re: compile problems on dg/ux

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Jeff Driscoll" <jdriscol AT gate.net>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Re: compile problems on dg/ux
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 22:57:26

On 09/16/99, "Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>" wrote:
> I haven't needed to add -lsocket and such in the library compile, but only
> when linking against the library. So I don't think that is the problem
> (yet). PATH_MAX is defined like this on my system:
>
> /usr/include/sys/syslimits.h:#define PATH_MAX 1024
>
> So, either it is missing, or its somewhere else, or syslimits is not
> getting included. I'd recommend greping /usr/include and /usr/include/sys
> for it and seeing where it is and then #include'd it. If it's missing
> just add the #define to util.c
>
> Brian (I had a brush with AOS/VS years ago...and didn't realize DG was
> still alive and kicking)

Ok I got it to compile. I found PATH_MAX defined in limits.h and paths.h.
limits.h was already defined in util.c. I added #include <paths.h> and
that did the trick. Now on to the next step - compile sqsh on DG/UX using
TDS.

DG is alive and kicking. Check out www.dg.com. Their old proprietary "MV"
line (AOS/VS) is dead. They now have the Aviion and Clariion line. They
started with Motorola processors in the Aviion line and now are using
Pentium processors. They have a high end box - the Aviion AV25000 that is
ccNUMA based that can support up to 64 Pentium III Xeon processors built
using building blocks of 4 processors and 4gb of memory. They have full
fibre channel disk storage with the Clariion line.

EMC, the large disk storage company, is merging (consuming) with DG. The
Aviion line survies as a business unit and the Clariion product gets merged
with the EMC existing product line. DG has been profitable for most
quarters recently.