freetds - Re: Getting closer.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Getting closer.
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 06:43:03 -0700 (PDT)

Jaye Mathisen writes:

> OK, with sqsh-1.7, my query is now returning great info. timestamp field
> came through OK, and the floats are correct.
>
> DBD::Sybase doesn't like the floats though. Everything else including the
> timestamp came through, but I'm not so sure where the problem is, if it's
> still in the ctlib stuff, or really in DBD::Sybase.

It's probably a ctlib incompatibility, or incomplete implementation.
For CS_REAL_TYPE, CS_FLOAT_TYPE, CS_MONEY_TYPE and CS_MONEY4_TYPE I
bind the result type to a CS_FLOAT_TYPE. So if the convert() function
does not support the float->double conversion (for whatever reason)
then this will likely fail. I'll take a look at the tds code.

Michael

> On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Brian Bruns wrote:
>

> > Ok, I've checked in the varbinary conversion stuff. There shouldn't be
> > anymore of the 'Attempting to convert unknown source type xx' messages.
> > If
> > you see any, let me know any I can patch it up in pretty short order.
> >
> > You guys have been really great with the problem reports. It makes my
> > life alot easier. :)
> >
> > Well I'm off to bed, g'night everyone
> >
> > Brian
> >
> > By the way, if anybody is looking for an easy task to sink their teeth
> > into, there is a lot of relatively easy but monotonous work to do in the
> > convert functions to go from one datatype to the others. It's all in
> > src/tds/convert.c and the code should be pretty easy to follow.
> >

> > ---
> > You are currently subscribed to freetds as: mrcpu AT internetcds.com
> > To unsubscribe, forward this message to $subst('Email.Unsub')
> >

> ---
> You are currently subscribed to freetds as: mpeppler AT peppler.org

Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc.
mpeppler AT peppler.org -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler
Int. Sybase User Group -||- http://www.isug.com