freetds - Re: Version 0.46pre1

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Paul Schaap" <Paul.Schaap AT dingoblue.com.au>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Re: Version 0.46pre1
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 1:39:56

Hi,

I just tried to compile Version 0.46pre1 and got the following error

[root@tim freetds]# make
cd . && aclocal
aclocal: configure.in: 14: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 1

I tried hacking it to `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL' (is this proving a little bit of
knowledge is dangerous ;-) ) and it proceeds alot further but then I
get:-
[root@tim freetds]# make
.......<snip>
src/tds/Makefile.am:1: library used but `LIBTOOL' not defined in
`configure.in'
make[2]: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/freetds/src/tds'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/freetds/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

What am I missing here, am I missing a library ?
Version 0.45 did compile !

REGARDS
Paul