freetds - Re: compile DBD-ODBC with freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Spannring <cts AT internetcds.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: compile DBD-ODBC with freetds
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 22:40:37 -0800 (PST)

Peter Haworth writes:
> Craig Spannring wrote:
> > Peter Haworth writes:
>
> and here's the stack trace:
>
> #0 0xef524b8c in AllocMemory_real (ptr=0xb4864, size=6,
> filename=0xef52cce8 "dbdimp.c", lineno=376) at tdslayer.c:253
> Source file is more recent than executable.

I'm suspecting alignment problems more and more. I'm still in the
process of getting Sparc-Solaris account somewhere. In the meantime
I'm going to go through the code and make it more longword alignment
friendly.

BTW- Could you tell me what the following little program does on a
SPARC machine? Compile it with the same compiler flags that get used
with the DBD driver.

#include <stdio.h>

main(int argc, char **argv)
{
char buf[] = "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz";
void *ptr = (char*)buf + atoi(argv[1]);
long i = 0x30313233;

*(long*)ptr = i;

printf("%s\n", buf);
}

Run it four times, the first time with a argument of 0, second time
with an argument of 1, ...

Thanks.

Life is short. | Craig Spannring
Ski hard, Bike fast. | cts AT internetcds.com
Any sufficiently horrible technology is indistinguishable from Perl.